Philadelphia Theatre Company is dedicated to its mission to serve all audiences, and to eliminate the barriers that keep individuals isolated from the arts and from their communities.
The Suzanne Roberts Theatre features facility accessibility for disabled guests, including:
- Automatic doors from the street into the theatre
- Wheelchair-level ticket windows accessible to all
- First-floor level access to bathrooms
- Elevator access between floors, unobstructed view spaces for guests using mobility devices and adjacent companion seating in both the Mezzanine and Orchestra
- Assisted listening devices for all performances (Please ask about our T-coil compatible device options that will work with your hearing aid. Infrared hearing enhancers are available in our lobby next to our bar in front of Door 1. Please be ready to provide a valid ID or credit card, and a House Manager will be happy to assist you. Quantities are limited and all devices are distributed on a first-come, first served basis.)
- Braille signage throughout the building
For audience members who are blind or low vision. During the performance, through wireless headsets, a trained audio describer fills in the details of action on the stage, which might otherwise have been visually missed.
2023-24 Audio-Described Performances
Macbeth in Stride – Saturday November 11, 2023 at 2pm
Cost of Living – Saturday February 10, 2024 at 2pm
The Duat – Saturday June 15, 2024 at 2pm
For audience members who are deaf or hard of hearing, a large LED captioning screen, positioned beside the stage, scrolls text of the dialogue/lyrics in tandem with the dialogue/lyrics of the performance.
2023-24 Open Caption Performances
Macbeth in Stride – Saturday November 18, 2023 at 2pm
Cost of Living – Saturday February 17, 2024 at 2pm
The Duat – Saturday June 22, 2024 at 2pm
For audience members who are deaf or hard of hearing, a team of ASL interpreters will be positioned in the sight lines of Deaf patrons to interpret the performance from English into American Sign Language.
2023-24 ASL Interpreted Performances
Macbeth in Stride – Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7pm
Cost of Living – Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 7pm