Live theatre belongs to everyone.
Philadelphia Theatre Company is dedicated to its mission to serve all audiences, and to eliminate the barriers that keep individuals isolated from the arts and from their communities.
Philadelphia Theatre Company’s Suzanne Roberts Theatre features facility accessibility for disabled guests, including:
- Automatic doors from the street into the theatre
- Wheelchair-level ticket windows accessible to all
- First-floor level access to bathrooms
- Elevator access between floors, unobstructed view spaces for guests using mobility devices and adjacent companion seating in both the Mezzanine and Orchestra
- Assisted listening devices for all performances (Please ask about our T-coil compatible device options that will work with your hearing aid. Infrared hearing enhancers are available in our lobby next to our bar in front of Door 1. Please be ready to provide a valid ID or credit card, and a House Manager will be happy to assist you. Quantities are limited and all devices are distributed on a first-come, first served basis.)
- Braille signage throughout the building
- Audio Described performances with Pre-show Sensory Workshops, and Open Captioned performances See below for this season’s performance details, dates and how to make reservations.
Audio Description and Pre-show Sensory Workshops
Select Wednesday matinee 1pm performances are crafted for for audience members who are blind or low vision. Guided by stage management and an artistic associate, guests are taken on a tour of the set of the production. During the performance, through wireless headsets, a trained audio describer fills in the details of action on the stage, which might otherwise have been visually missed. Reservations are required for Sensory Workshops, which start 90 minutes before the show.
The following Wednesday 1pm matinee performances are offered with Audio Description:
Workshops are at 11:30am
Wednesday, December 1st
Wednesday, March 9th
For audience members who are hearing impaired a large LED captioning screen, positioned beside the stage, scrolls text of the dialogue/lyrics in tandem with the dialogue/lyrics of the performance.
The following Saturday 2pm matinee performances are offered with Open Captioning:
Saturday, December 4th
Saturday, March 12th
Saturday, May 7th